Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Closed Thread
Unread 10-16-2016, 05:31 PM

Yesterday, on our 26th anniversary, Sharon and I went for a long drive and ate out (nothing fancy, just a buffet).

Also, I recently received the initial (6-month) royalties statement from my baseball book publisher.
Unread 10-17-2016, 10:24 AM

Good idea to tell good news. I am happy for all the good news everyone has had, happy for the posted and the ones that are not shared.
I sent a lyric to Song of the year, and it made the short list. That was nice. And a song to which I wrote the lyrics was sent in by the composer of the melody, and it also made the short list. I feel like a gorilla beating my chest and bellowing me me me.........................
I have been away from the forum ( just fatigue and laziness) and I have come back to a forum with poems that are almost all written by men. Where have all the women gone???
Unread 10-17-2016, 10:45 AM

In 2014 my husband suffered a heart attack. But he is still alive and kicking. Thank goodness for doctors. Hail them.
I am going to be published in two anthologies. One, the Dos Madres Press imprint, I will be in there with the likes of Annie Finch and Rick Mullins. The other one, there will be pictures of the poets poems. These anthologies give me something to look forward to.
This morning on my suburban lawn I saw five does and a fawn. They are beautiful.
Unread 10-17-2016, 02:06 PM

Had a great weekend went out with friends for wine and nibbles last night, never laughed so hard in months. Got up this morning went for a walk of about 2 mile, had to take my GTN spray when I got home. Nice lunch now just chilling with a few more drinks waiting for Thursday to roll around so I can get down to some serious poetry work with the lovely Jayne Osborn. May even get a spot of fishing in between now and Thursday depending on the weather and if my other half tells me to order the skip we need.
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Oh yippee!! I've just found the leather fob with my car key and house key on it - mislaid for nearly two weeks. My sanity has returned.

I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted searching every nook and cranny in the house dozens of times over, including going through all the trash bags (Yuk) to no avail. (I did absentmindedly put my keys in the fridge once, some years ago!)

I felt chilly just now so I went upstairs to get a gilet from my wardrobe. My keys were in the pocket; I completely forgot that I wore that garment on the fateful day.

(Dave E --- not one word, right!!!!? I've been ribbed enough by Pete already, having ''lost'' my keys twice recently )

Jayne
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:29 AM

(Dave E --- not one word, right!!!!? I've been ribbed enough by Pete already, having ''lost'' my keys twice recently )

Jayne[/quote]

My lips are sealed, Boss!!
Unread 10-30-2016, 10:09 AM

I never heard the word 'gilet" before, so my minor good news is that I just learned a new word.
Unread 10-30-2016, 10:16 AM

Yes, Rogerbob, isn't it a lovely word. Embrace it as a gift, along with our French-influenced British love. I believe that until now you would have called it a vest
Unread 10-30-2016, 11:35 AM

I fell down the stairs last week, the way old people do, and since then I have had my leg strapped and cannot move more than twenty feet, walking like a zombie..That's the bad news. The good news is I am getting better and can actually wash my hair and stuff. And walk twenty five feet. Like a zombie.

Of course I have had plenty of time to work on entries to competitions and watch cricket. But then there's more bad news...
Unread 10-30-2016, 03:52 PM

Ouch! Being a certifiable Old People, I commiserate. I guess that explains why you haven't been around. It's good to know you can wash your hair while there's still some left, and hopefully this means you can do all the basic stuff - particularly the eating and drinking. Take care, get well, enjoy your cricket, and do try the NFL on Sunday afternoons (I think I got that right) your time. Take care.
Closed Thread