Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 08-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Distinguished Guest

Default "The Orchards": new e-zine by Karen Kelsay

Greetings all!
Karen Kelsay has asked me to announce the inaugural edition of "The Orchards," a new e-zine that she has created, and which she described, on Facebook, as follows:

"I am SO happy to announce the inaugural issue of "The Orchards," a new journal I have created that publishes formal and free verse poetry. Thank you, to the many excellent poets who have contributed their work, some of whom include Catherine Chandler, Janet Alexa Kenny, John Whitworth, David Wayne Landrum, Jennifer Reeser, Jean L. Kreiling, Patricia Callan, Alison Brackenbury, Gail White, Kim Bridgford, Jeff Holt, Karen Paul Holmes Poetry, Charlotte Innes, Marilyn L. Taylor, Annabelle Moseley, Justin Hamm, Jay Hopler, Kimberly Johnson, Elijah Burrell, Myrna Stone and many more... The issue also includes a poem from Dana Gioia's recent book. Cheers!

Inspired by the small plot of apple trees near Cambridge, England, where writers have gathered for years with their books and pens, we welcome you to pull up a chair and enjoy poetry in the orchard."

I would just like to add a few brief sentences to what Karen said: first of all, you may find the first issue at Orchardspoetry.com. Second, Karen has graciously invited me to join her as the Associate Editor of "The Orchards," and I have gladly accepted this position, beginning with Issue #2. Look for guidelines for submitting poems on the site, or to be forthcoming there very shortly. Finally, I just want to invite everyone here to check out the first issue. I believe you will find many like minded poets in it, some of whom Karen mentioned above, but many of whom were not due to the fact that Karen was writing a post for Facebook.

Cheers! And to The Orchards!

Jeff Holt
Unread 08-18-2016, 12:07 PM

Congratulations, Jeff and Karen! The journal looks good and reads even better. Good luck!
Unread 08-19-2016, 07:56 AM
Distinguished Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith Bergmann View Post
Congratulations, Jeff and Karen! The journal looks good and reads even better. Good luck!

Thanks Meredith! Please submit--we would love to see poems from you. The submission address is editoratorchards@gmail.com.

Best,
Jeff