Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 06-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Distinguished Guest Host

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfsasAlICo8

God bless you, Tim.

Last edited by David Anthony; 06-22-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 06-22-2018, 07:19 PM

Default Tim

To all,

I spent about two hours with Tim today, he was surrounded by his family. Chucky greeted me at the door, tail all a wag. Later, he tried to get me to play fetch, but there was not time for that today, next time I shall assist him and loft the ball his master can no longer lift. I also told Chucky that his real name is new Feeney. Which Tim told me on Wednesday.

I was able to administer Viaticum to Tim, cloth him in the Scapular of Mount Carmel, exorcise his domicile and pray a prayer for him by Saint Basil the Great composed in the 4th Century. Tim was familiar with the prayer of exorcism of the domicile, as I had prayed it before at his place, he was enraptured by it, for it was composed beautifully by Pope Leo XIII.

I also left him with a relic of St. John of the Cross and St. Theresa of Avila, as Tim was an admirer of both, especially John for his mystic poetry.

I read every post to him, he was in and out of consciousness, but was aware of what was happening and listened. He perked up a few times, he smiled, nodded his head in affirmation and acknowledgment. I got his attention for the name of every one who sent greetings.

Clay and David, I had left by the time you posted, but I shall return to Tim on Sunday afternoon and read them to him. If anyone who has not posted would like to send a message, please do so. I am honored to be your postman.

Tim is at peace, at last, true peace. He loves all of you more than you know, and is truly grateful for your willingness to travel with him on his journey. Thank you for that.

God's Peace be to all of you,

Fr. Rob

PS: I confiscated Tim's pack of cigarettes as a memento mori, and most fittingly, one was missing, his last smoke. They are Merits, and I shall behold them and think of him who has merited much and hopefully write verse in honor him whom Christ hath merited expiation for all his sins. I was with Tim when he smoked one of his last, and before he had it, I asked him: "Have you merited it?" He smiled and said, "Yes father" and partook of it.

Last edited by Robert Pecotte; 06-22-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Unread 06-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Distinguished Guest

Father, truly, you are a man of the cloth who is clearly devoted to the whole, tripartite Human. Thank you so much for your holistic treatment of Timothy.

I have another, very gracious message, from the poet, Pete Fairchild.

" I did not know Tim well, but I know his poems, which, as all of his readers know, are brilliant, so very powerful and often witty, and in many cases unforgettable. My mentor, Anthony Hecht, also admired them immensely, and was the one who put me onto them. I am very sorry to hear this terribly sad news. He and his poems are in my prayers and thoughts."

-- B.H. Fairchild
Unread 06-23-2018, 07:35 PM

Default Tim

I posted this on prayers for Tim but it belongs here too:

I just wanted to share a moment with Tim yesterday.

After I had prayed and ministered to him in his need and read all of the message that you gave for him, with his relative and long time help in the fight against Alcoholism and hunting partner John Murphy present the whole time, he extended his hands out toward us (I was on his right, John was on his left) he said: Brothers...you...you brothers...you are my brothers. I said to him: Tim you are my brother. And he let his hands fall and nodded his head in affirmation.

It was a moment of grace and peace in an otherwise difficult time.

I am heading back to Tim tomorrow late afternoon, I have obligations here that do not allow me to go now, and I will give him your messages.

God Love all of you for your support,

Fr. Rob

Last edited by Robert Pecotte; 06-23-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Unread 06-24-2018, 05:05 AM
Distinguished Guest

What a wonderful recounting, Father Rob. I am so happy you chose to share this with us. These things are so vital to the grieving process, are they not?

Tim is fond of telling me, "There is no daylight between us, Jenny." It is his way of saying we are One in spirit -- inseparable. When he sent me the proof copy of "Devotions," that is how he inscribed it.

And that is how I feel at this moment, as though a part of me is leaving this dimension.

Jennifer
Unread 06-24-2018, 03:50 PM

If there's time, please remind Tim of the wonderful poem by Paulinus of Nola which tells us that the soul can forget nothing that it has ever loved, and so - since we can never die - we must love our loved ones forever.
Unread 06-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Distinguished Guest Host

Could you post it, Gail?
Unread 06-24-2018, 07:07 PM

Tim was sound asleep and his family didn't want him woken as he has been struggling. I agree that it was best to let him sleep. So, I spent about 1/2 hour in silent prayer for Tim and the visited with his sister's and pet Chucky quiet a bit. I left the greetings with his sister's to read to Tim when he is awake. I will stop at his place again tomorrow before I head back to Cavalier.

God Bless,

Fr. Rob

PS: I'm using my phone to send this, so...
Unread 06-25-2018, 10:51 AM

I'm at Tim's, he is sleeping peacefully, and had a good night as well. I prayed the prayers of Commendation for him.

He's a stubborn poet so he may very well hang on for a while yet. He doesn't wake much now, mostly sleep.
Unread 06-27-2018, 10:38 AM

Tim is mostly unconscious now, he doesn't appear to be in pain, and his breathing is becoming more labored. I am going to head that way again tomorrow for one last prayer and farewell.