Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 11-04-2018, 07:36 AM

Default Why You Can't Go Home Again: Satire, parody, humor from T. Coe

My book of satire, parodies, and humor, *Why You Can't Go Home Again,* has been published by Kelsay Books and I'm chuffed beyond words! Here are the blurbs:

*Why You Can’t Go Home Again* by Terese Coe is buoyant, brilliant, and really very funny, but what I admire most, even beyond its formal mastery, is its sassy, chic sensibility. You will want two copies, you know, so you can read it again. --Greg Williamson

Terese Coe’s *Why You Can’t Go Home Again* is the perfect balm for painful times. It’s divertingly witty-- but it diverts in order to lead the reader to better routes for progress. Enjoy this book yourself, and think about giving it to a friend who needs its
healing qualities. --A.M. Juster

*Why You Can’t Go Home Again* is a book for our times. Always confident and often defiant, Coe’s voice sings in these formal poems, their rhymes and rhythms bringing so much life to the page, you may feel as if the poet is right behind you. Together, you watch a vibrant world go by with all its playfulness and tragedy. In this mix, Coe strikes a nerve, especially when addressing, in her words, “The new regime of give and take.” She knows that our world, now more than ever, requires our attention. We need voices as distinct and thoughtful as hers.
--Erica Dawson

The Launch will be Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018
at Carmine Street Metrics in New York from 3 to 5 pm
at Otto's Bar, 538 E 14th St, New York, NY 10009.
Otto's phone: (212) 228-2240

Michael T. Young will be featured as well, reading from his poems. His third full-length collection, The Infinite Doctrine of Water, was published by Terrapin Books. His other collections are The Beautiful Moment of Being Lost and Transcriptions of Daylight. His chapbook, Living in the Counterpoint, received the 2014 Jean Pedrick Award from the New England Poetry Club. He also received a Fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. His poetry, essays, and reviews have appeared or are forthcoming in numerous journals including Cimarron Review, The Cortland Review, The Los Angeles Review, Shrew, The Smart Set, and Valparaiso Poetry Review.

Terese Coe’s poems and translations have appeared in Agenda, Alaska Quarterly Review, The Cincinnati Review, The Moth, New American Writing, New Writing Scotland, Ploughshares, Poetry, Poetry Review, The Stinging Fly, Threepenny Review, and the TLS, among many other journals. Her collection Shot Silk was listed for the 2017 Poets Prize, and she has received grants from Giorno Poetry Systems and Vermont Studio Center. Copies of her poem "More" were heli-dropped across London as part of the 2012 Olympics Rain of Poems. She has twice been a finalist for the Barnstone Translation Prize.

Please contact Terese by email or through the Able Muse messaging system if you'd like a copy (inscribed or not) of Why You Can't Go Home Again. It's also available at https://kelsaybooks.com/products/why...-go-home-again.

Last edited by Terese Coe; 11-21-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Unread 11-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Congratulations, Terese!!!
Unread 11-04-2018, 05:19 PM

Thank you, Cathy! Would love to see you at the Launch, if possible!
Unread 11-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Terrific news! Just ordered mine from Kelsay Books.
Unread 11-05-2018, 05:40 AM

Terese,

I would have loved to be there, but we're leaving for Uruguay the following day..... Break a leg!!!
Unread 11-05-2018, 09:07 PM

Thanks, Cathy, and no worries about the launch~~give Uruguay a kiss for me!

Ralph, that's lovely, and thank you so much!
Unread 11-21-2018, 09:54 PM

I've added information for the Launch to the first post, as well as bios for featured reader Michael T. Young and for me.
Unread 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM

Come along to Otto's on Sunday at 3 pm!
Unread 11-30-2018, 09:51 PM

Congratulations, Terese! I have a three-dimensional cold going on right now and might not stir outside for days. Aargh.
Unread 12-01-2018, 08:46 AM

Sorry to hear it, Allen! Get well soonest (and btw I hear from a top medical source that what's going around needs antibiotics!).