Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Default Issue 53, the latest LUPO, has landed on Earth with Sphereans aboard

Lighten Up Online 53 for March 21 is now up, with a wealth of offerings from Sphereans Melissa Balmain, Jerome Betts Martin Elster, Max Goodman, Robin Helweg-Larsen, Chris O’Carroll, Martin Parker, George Simmers and Gail White, plus new members Damian Balassone, Dan Campion, Julia Griffin, Peggy Landsman, Bruce McGuffin, and Tristan Moss.
Their contributions, long or short, from clerihew to ballade, include angels, Betjeman, clocks, Dr Mudd, idling engines, marriage, the planet, plastic, prairie flowers, sewing, sleep, subduction, vanishing species, website-workshopping, a writer’s logic and more.

https://www.lightenup-online.co.uk/i...-53-march-2021

Last edited by Jerome Betts; 03-02-2021 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Easier link I think
Unread 03-03-2021, 09:03 PM

Default Huzzah!

Jerome, I got about halfway through (lots of chuckles along the way) before I had to return to day-job duties. Once I finish those, reading the rest of the new LUPO will be my reward! As usual, my hat's off to you for compiling all those nifty intervals & contest entries on top of the "regular" poems.
Unread 03-05-2021, 04:42 AM

Thanks, Melissa. Glad you are enjoying, and thanks to the contributors for the Intervals and competition entries as well as to you for taking the tail-end Charlie slot. Looking forward to the new big Light.
In case anyone thought their devices were misbehaving on the 2nd March around 2.30 a.m. GMT,the LUPO site was down for what was supposed to be 20 minutes but seems to have been longer while the hosting site adjusted its digital dress or something. Not a problem over here, except for insomniacs, but late evening in the USA, so more people may have been inconvenienced.
And the LUPO gremlin, with its octopus-like escape abilities, is on the loose again in Issue 53, so if scrolling through the contents for Previous read Next and for Next read Previous.