Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-30-2020, 04:02 PM

I get you, Max- maybe I'm just disheartened by the midwest vote last time around. Disgusted.
Unread 10-30-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Novick View Post
There is no meaningful left in this country.
The major parties have not offered a meaningful choice for the left, true. But that's changing. Sanders. Warren. AOC. Omar. Presley. Tlaib. Katie Porter.

There is energy for policies of the left, and supporters of those policies may be getting into the habit of voting.
Unread 10-30-2020, 04:57 PM

Biden is not a “racist fuck.” That is just stupid. I was for Warren who the Bernie Babies called a “pro-bank conservative.” One thing this election made clear is that it isn’t only right-wingers who say destructive bullshit with no regard of the consequences. Biden is an old man who has gone through changes as we all have. What I can’t understand is why someone who considers himself a poet can be so malicious and narrow-minded. Pound did it, of course. Maybe that’s why his poetry is so empty.
Unread 10-30-2020, 05:26 PM

Last edited by Aaron Novick; 11-01-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 10-30-2020, 08:10 PM

For good or ill, Biden is a reflection of his supporters. Maybe that is what representational democracy is and why it can go so poorly. I think John has a better read on Biden as a person than you do here, Aaron. He was certainly a product of a public infection in those moments but he may surprise you now and end up reflecting a much different base in 2021. Or maybe he will disappoint. In any case the distinction between him and Trump will remain beyond reasonable debate on most issues including race given his likely cabinet and support team.January will be an excellent time to apply pressure and demands on these accounts. Right now? Bad timing. Too much at stake.
Unread 10-30-2020, 08:11 PM

Why I'm voting for Biden? (By Coleman Hughes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW4b47mHfOk

Quote:
With the elections just around the corner, I’ve decided to release a special episode explaining why I am voting for Joe Biden. There are some people in my audience who are confused by my support for Biden. I’ve been asked why I'm not voting for the candidate that's not afraid to stand up to the woke Left, cancel culture, critical race theory, and to all the things that I spend so much time discussing on my podcast.

People have also asked how could I possibly prefer Biden when he's so clearly a Trojan horse for the Left, and too weak to stand up to the onslaught of social justice that will come at him from the left-wing of his party. These are all valid questions, so I want to take some time to answer them during this episode.
Unread 10-30-2020, 08:30 PM

Last edited by Aaron Novick; 11-01-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 10-31-2020, 12:28 AM

A lot of smart, peaceful, sensible people whom I respect are paying serious attention to this:

Ten Things You Need to Know to Stop a Coup
Unread 10-31-2020, 05:22 AM

There is a real possibility of a judicial coup. There are lots of indications that Republicans judges are willing to interfere in vote counting in order to swing the election. They did it in 2000 and Trump is counting on them doing it this year.
Unread 10-31-2020, 08:27 AM

I do get Aaron's general malaise about the whole thing. You know no Republican president has won the popular vote in our entire lifetimes, with the exception of Bush in his second term, and he only bolstered by the vulgar popularity of leaders in wartime? I will vote Tuesday, but being in a safely blue state, I am not sure for whom: maybe Biden or maybe a third-party progressive candidate since there are enough of us in New York to have some pull.