Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-10-2015, 04:12 PM

James, the ones you disliked "digital static' are the least connected to my Alice Springs expereince, I included them because technically they were a breakthrough, pushing the app to it's limits and then finding something appear in a way you can never recreate, I felt they just qualified as being true to the piece, my best friend is a real desert goer and he always impresssed me with how important electronic communication is out there, it is a life line as it is so easy to get stuck and die unless you can contact help. That feeling of depending on the lifeline of radio waves is what I felt those digital paintings conveyed. But it is a stretch and I too had misgivings about including them.
When I look at the piece, the images roll past, I imagine everyone does that, but of course all the images are familiar to me, I suppose that is why I got into such a silly spat with Michael, I just couldn't see the obvious point he was making, that of course they first and foremost are individual works. Still I hope anyone interested enough will, after they have understood each picture, be able to watch it as one experience. It is only 2.13 minutes long. Quite fleeting.. and the music is very important, it's the glue that binds it all together.

Last edited by ross hamilton hill; 04-10-2015 at 04:17 PM.