Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 05-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Default John Whitworth Tribute

Hello, Eratosphereans,
Karen Kelsay and I are putting together a tribute panel to John Whitworth at Poetry by the Sea. We were asked to do so because we were both already planning to attend the conference and knew John (and the timelines are short because the conference is May 21-24 in Madison, Connecticut). The panel is at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 24. I know that some people who will be there also knew John, so I would like to invite them to come to the panel and share their comments about him, but I would also like to extend an invitation to people who cannot attend the conference, but would like to pay tribute to John Whitworth, to write up what you would like to say about him and send it to me at <susan.mclean.poetry@gmail.com>. Different people knew John in different ways or appreciated different things about him, so we would like to be as comprehensive as we can in paying tribute to him. In order to plan this, we would like to receive your comments by Thursday, May 9, so that we can see how many there are and how best to divide up who will read what, while still allowing time for comments from the audience. Please send your comments or questions to me at the email address above.

Susan McLean
Unread 05-09-2019, 11:02 PM

I'm bumping this up to say that we did get one submission as a response to this notice, but I know others here were also fond of John Whitworth and his poems. If you have things you would like to write about him, we still have room for more comments and reminiscences. Contact me at the e-mail above if you would still like to contribute something to the panel.

Susan
Unread 05-10-2019, 01:36 AM

Just sent a contribution. Thank you (and Karen) for doing this.