Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 06-25-2022, 04:02 PM

Default Small ads - wanted

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone can help me with these queries, but I’d be grateful if you can.

I want to purchase a (cheap!) and very small analogue/mechanism that will revolve slowly - ideally I’d like to avoid the kind of quick-time movement that is in musical box mechanisms, and go for something that moves very slowly and needs to be wound up less frequently (& doesn’t play music). So far, I’ve looked at charity/thrift shop clock movements, but ideally I’d like to buy one without the clock attached. Any ideas? Ideas of old/vintage devices I might look out for and repurpose also welcome.

I also want to purchase slide-holders - not slide sleeves but the little plastic ‘frames’ that were used to hold film in the seventies. I need blank ones and not to pay a fortune for them, so if anyone knows where they still might be purchased, that would be wonderful.

Thank you, and no worries if this is an impossible wanted list.

Sarah
(I’m prepping for a show & thinking of ways that I can show work that is more exciting than a computer screenshow or prints - I have no budget but I am better than you’d think at taking things apart and repurposing them)