Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-08-2001, 05:27 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Many thanks to dear Rhina, for teaching us the ways of the ovillejo and otherwise imparting to us her manifold wisdom. We have been greatly privileged to have Stallings, Steele, Gwynn, Mezey, and Espaillat as our guests on the Lariat board. For now yours truly will look in and try to answer your questions. And I shouldn't doubt that some of my past guests will look in also. Once befriended, forever friends.
Unread 09-08-2001, 06:39 PM

Rhina, I thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from your Lariatship. Your time as Guest Lariat was much too short. Now that we've addicted you to the forum, I hope we can count on regular visits as often as your time allows. Thanks for all the help and good counsel.

Carol
Unread 09-09-2001, 02:39 AM

Yes, thank you Rhina, and please stick around!
Unread 09-09-2001, 03:22 AM

A Newbie's Thank You

Indeed it is sublime--
your time
and all that you discuss
with us.
We have but one retort:
too short!
We value your support
and hope you soon return.
There is so much to learn.
Your time with us too short.

Thank you!

nyctom

[This message has been edited by nyctom (edited September 09, 2001).]
Unread 09-09-2001, 07:45 AM
Honorary Poet Lariat

Thank you, Tim and Carol, Alicia and NYCTOM, for the warmth of your goodbyes! And a splendid ovillejo from my fellow New Yorker! Who could ask more?

Yes, you're right, Carol, I am now "addicted to the forum," and will certainly, Alicia, "stick around," not to impart any wisdom, manifold or otherwise, as I have grave doubts as to my capacity to do that, but for my own pleasure and the stimulation that all of you have provided me. Yes, I have been thoroughly "befriended," and you haven't seen the last of me yet.

NYCTOM, I'm going to be reading with "Rattapallax" at the Mid-Manhattan Library on 40th and Fifth, on Sat. 9/29, at 2 p.m.: if you are around and have nothing better to do, it would be such fun to meet you!
Unread 09-09-2001, 05:54 PM

Dear Rhina:

I have spent my day pulling my hair out over a rewrite, so to hear a splendid AND a bravo in one day is An Encouraging Thing Indeed. I am glad you liked this and the astrology oveilljos. Want your horoscope done?

Thank you for the invitation to the reading. I have never actually been to an "official" poetry reading, so this would be a first. And you NEVER forget your first. I know the neighborhood where the reading is being held. I used to work right across the street. My office actually afforded a view of one of the lions--provided I twisted myself into some strange Nadia Comenenci-like cortortions. And I spent many lunch hours browsing the stacks in the library where the reading is. Ah Manhattan.

Thank you again!

nyctom
Unread 09-10-2001, 04:04 AM

At the risk of gushing let me just add that IMO
this site and particularly the lariat piece
of it is the best thing on the web, bar none.
To be able to sit in Glasgow and have access to
the thoughts of those listed above is a unique
privilege.
God bless the sphere.

DC

[This message has been edited by conny (edited September 10, 2001).]
Unread 09-10-2001, 06:28 AM

What Conny said, except I'm sitting in Texas. It is such a thrill for me to be associated with Erato and to meet and learn from people whose books I have on my shelf and whose works future generations will probably be studying in school. Where else could you buttonhole so many of the very people whose opinions and ideas you most want to ask? Each of our guest lariats has given a personal and extremely helpful perspective to metrical issues. Rhina, I'm so glad this is not really adieu.

Carol
Unread 09-10-2001, 06:46 AM

I agree with everyone above. Au revoir and not A dieu, Rhina. (There, I exhausted my French.)

------------------
Svein Olav

.. another life
Unread 09-10-2001, 07:14 AM

Rhina, your lariatship has been a great experience for me. I've benefitted inmensely from your advice, your kind words and your refreshing presence on this site. I'm glad to hear that you'll stick around. I feel unfortunate because I won't be in NY during your reading. I'll be in D.R. on vacation. I will certainly look up any other of your presentations in the future, though.

Best wishes in all you do.

Nadia