Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-26-2020, 03:02 PM

Default A mumbling rivulet

Hi everyone,
I have not been on the board for a long time as I'm not sure I'm a good reviewer of others poetry. I wrote my last poem in 2012 so I'm done. I have some published poems (7) and was a quarterfinalist for the Able Muse book contest a number of years ago. I've printed a spiral bound 63 page book for my family and friends and would be happy to email to anyone who would be interested. Tim Murphy once read my Toptafel poem (haiku stanzas) to the master. Anyhow, if you email me, I will send you a PDF copy. I have no more interest in publishing.
glennrnicholls@gmail.com. Stay safe.
Best regards, Glenn
Unread 10-27-2020, 02:16 PM

Hello Glenn Nicholls
It might be helpful if we were to know what type or style your poetry is written in. Because a person has certain preferences and a lot of poetry to read and absorb, they might wish to interact with verse that is more in one style than another. Are you a realist? a surrealist? a Movement immitator or a Modernist? a Postmodernist? It is always interesting to know.

Regards,
Cameron
Unread 10-27-2020, 04:24 PM

Hello sir. I didnt think I needed a resume to give away free poetry but here goes:
Metrical except a few haiku poems. Mostly rhyme. Trimeter, tetrameter and pentameter.
I mostly write descriptive poems of what I see and stories and some history. Some may say they are not poetry and just metrical words. It's all good as I'm happy with what I've produced. I'm an engineer so poetry was not primal to me and I only discovered it in my 30s when I was a voracious reader of history. I've read hundreds of books but I think I am not so good as the peole on this forum. Best regards, Glenn