Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 12-02-2017, 09:50 PM

Default Two beautiful videos

Enjoy!

NYC Layer Lapse
https://vimeo.com/242564489

Ballad of the Droplets
https://vimeo.com/243610543
Unread 12-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for sharing these :-)

The NYC one is very clever (I read the explanation underneath), but I found myself feeling slightly overloaded, partly because there's so much detail in each layer and partly because of the music. About halfway in, I started seeking some sort of relief, muting the sound and preferring to look at the water and the sky. Watching the sky is something I enjoy every day. I like trees too; they make me feel calm, somehow.

In contrast, I liked everything about the droplets. The music is slower and more delicate, and I love the moments of collision where jellyfish-type shapes are created. My breathing slowed and my blood pressure decreased; by the end, I felt well rested, which was pleasant!

Thanks again,
Fliss
Unread 01-18-2018, 10:30 AM

I enjoyed the droplets, but I kept thinking it could also be called "How We Catch Colds".
Unread 01-21-2018, 12:38 PM

Colourful colds :-)

Imagine catching a colourful cold and sneezing into a bright white handkerchief. You'd create a masterpiece every time!
Unread 07-21-2018, 06:23 AM

Watching Ballad of the Droplets reminded me of how dull a tool words are. In this short video are a thousand poems revealing a million miracles and a sense of the infinite nature of things. Take that, sonneteer!

Why isn't there a closer association between poetry and visual art her on the Sphere? I mean, there obviously is since this board represents that association, but it is seldom visited and never exploited to show how overlapped the arts are.
x
Unread 07-21-2018, 06:53 AM

The visuals are wonderful, but I found the uninspired music greatly detracted from the experience. Watching on mute was better.
Unread 07-21-2018, 07:40 AM

Ha!!! I watched the video this morning and, since my wife was in the room, I had it muted!

So I went back and listened. I do see what you are saying. It seemed, though, that the music was synced to the rhythm of the video. I don't know if I like that or not.

Four Tet is the composer (British) who uses electronics to create his compositions. Here is his Wiki.

Would you prefer no music or do you think there could be music more appropriate?
x
Unread 11-16-2018, 10:03 AM

I thought the NYC layer lapse video was interesting, but, like Felicity, felt the rapid-fire changes to be rather overwhelming. I enjoyed the rhythms and harmonies of the music. What I liked most was watching the Milky Way above the skyline.

I found the water drops, with all those rainbow colors and the amazing formations of the splashes, visually more engrossing and soothing than the NYC layer lapse, but the music left me cold.