Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Heidy-Halberstein View Post
I am presuming that Tim Murphy will certainly be one of the pre-blind judges along with Alex and, possibly, all or some of the others?
That's right, Lo -- Thanks! Also, the page was missing our latest Assistant Fiction Editor, Janice D. Soderling. It's just been updated.

Cheers,
...Alex
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default bump, etc.

1. *bump* reminder to submit for one or both of the contest detailed at Able Muse Press.
  2. Also, we're still accepting regular submission for the inaugural issue of Able Muse, print edition, but not for much longer -- that issue is scheduled for release, Winter 2010. Submissions received after another week or so will not make it to the inaugural issue (but will be considered for subsequent issues). Submit here.
  3. Finally, subscribe now to the Able Muse, print edition -- if you haven't already done so -- at Able Muse Press.
  4. Finally finally, if you haven't already done so, get your copy of Able Muse Anthology here.

Cheers,
...Alex
Unread 10-01-2010, 10:09 AM

Not really about the contest, Alex, but I'm impressed at your level of activity of late.
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Thanks, Quincy!
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Lariat Emeritus

I am not the poetry editor of Able Muse. Alex is. I am his associate editor. My role is strictly limited to choosing and interviewing the featured and spotlight poets. I swore as a kid that I would never be an editor, but when Alex asks, what's a man to do? When Alex says "Jump," I ask "How high?"

I am going to serve as judge for our Mother of All Bakeoffs, the sonnet affair next May. And although I have screened most of these, I'm not going to use a screener. So there will be no anonymity involved, and no favoritism. The truth is, most of us have highly recognizable voices, so what's the point? I can tell a Michael Cantor from a Maryann Corbett or Cathy Chandler sonnet.

I think the merit of this contest is bringing in Rachel or Andrew to judge. They don't know us. So anonymity is pretty assured.
Unread 10-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Alex -

is it coz of a current bout of flu that I've gone fuzzyheaded
or perhaps
being so overloaded with Jewish festivals this month that I can no longer identify clear dates....

but nonethless I ask the obvious: I cant find (1) deadlines for either the contest entries,
OR (2) the regular issue entries,
OR (3) whether the same material can be entered in both.
especially since you say, above, on the 29th 'another week or so'. When does 'so' end?

thanks - s/

Last edited by Seree Zohar; 10-03-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Hi Seree,

Glad you're feeling better enough to return to the Sphere.
  • Deadline for the Write Prize (for poetry and/or fiction): February 15, 2011 - full details at http://www.ablemusepress.com/ablemuse-write-prize
  • Deadline for the Book Prize (for poetry manuscripts): March 31, 2011 - full details at http://www.ablemusepress.com/ablemuse-book-award
  • Deadline for the regular submission to Able Muse - None (submissions read year-round, except that to make it in the inaugural print edition, I'll only consider everything received up to end-of-day -- i.e. midnight PST-- of this coming Friday, October 8). Submission details at: http://www.ablemuse.com/submit
  • And, I haven't considered the possibility of the same material getting submitted for more than one of these events, but thinking about it now, I don't see why not. So, yes, simultaneous submission to the above events is OK.
Hope that reduces the confusion.

Cheers,
...Alex