Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-16-2010, 04:49 AM

Default jingle smells

Mr Jingle settled to delivering his tale in accents of benign discovery. 'Novelty of it–bank provides hole in wall–stick ticket in, get money out–going on all day–queuing up, pressing buttons, nothing to it–fellow told me all a Japanese invention–can't answer for that, but ingenious, yes–quick, automatic, no-nonsense–receipt if you wish–but thing is, must have ticket–involves folderol, signatures–perish thought–banks heartless, inquiring creatures–shudder to think–however, watching and waiting noticed some customers distracted, forgetful–take back ticket, leave money in slot–oh careless people–opportunity not to be disregarded–omnium contra omnes–why should not Jingle benefit?–missed chances frequent cause of regret–legerdemain–no hue and cry–repaired to chop house–no disputing money aids digestion–cabinet pudding–port–satisfaction of purse and belly–all-round benevolence–highly improving–stops a fellow getting selfish.'
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:38 AM

Alfred Jingle of No Hall, Nowhere – fall of a Noble Name – fall of a Noble House – Fall of the House of Jingle – sad story, very – sad story – old story – prodigal brother – black sheep – brother Emilius – Fred and Emilius – Damon and Pythias – David and Jonathan – inseparable very – alas for Emilius – battle with bottle – bottle victorious – primrose path – everlasting bonfire – mad, bad and dangerous to know – mad, bad scientist – powders and potions – Emilius elated – Emilius translated – Emilius transformed -- brother no longer – brother no more – brother my sister – blot on the landscape – blot on the scutcheon - family name – family blame – family shame – spiteful talk – boat to New York –new name – fresh start – mother dies of broken heart – father never speaks again – Emilius now Emily – Jingle now what? – Pickens? Dickens? – Paterson? Dickinson! – Emily Dickinson – covers her face – sinks without trace – worse and worse – takes to verse – startled grass – miserable very.
Unread 10-16-2010, 09:57 PM

‘Heads, heads, take care of your goddamn heads!’ screamed the loquacious stranger, grinning wildly and popping a purple lozenge into his mouth, as with his other hand he veered the speeding convertible toward Las Vegas.

‘Mutants cut her head off right here—sandwich still in her hand—ever tried extract of pineal gland, man? Heads swelled up—like watermelons—my spine turned to marmalade—boot’s full of bootlegged pineal glands—right now—Jesus, did I say that—or just think it—was I talking—did you hear me?’

Mr.Pickwick took another nervous sip from the stranger’s canteen and was on the point of asking him to let them out of the car, when there was a terrible roar; the sky was suddenly filled with giant manta rays, all swooping and diving around them, and Mr. Tupman’s voice was yelling from the backseat: ‘Holy mother of God, get these luminous leeches off of me!'

Frank

Last edited by FOsen; 10-17-2010 at 12:55 AM.