Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 07-23-2020, 04:55 PM

Default Donald Trump is committing war crimes against his own citizens

Just thought you should know
Unread 07-23-2020, 05:23 PM

The regular cops were, of course, also doing this.
Unread 07-23-2020, 05:35 PM

It's a coordinated effort. Fox is working hard to blow up the claim the streets of these cities are filled with savagery and Trump is restoring order and protecting white people. I mean they are seriously grinding the corn. I don't think it's going to take off outside the already committed Trump cult members. Trump can't seem to get it through his head he can't divert away a historical pandemic. I've seen ads online from his campaign that blare the word Antifa in sinister red letters with a backdrop of burning buildings. The problem is Antifa isn't the Black Panthers from the 60s. They don't even have an Antifa leader to turn into a notorious enemy of America. It's all out of gas. What needs to be remembered is how many other Republicans went along with this. That is where the real work needs to be done. Where is the outrage from the politicians who claim to want to limit the reach of the Fedeal government and leave such things as policing to the cities and states and counties? Those are the people who need to pay a price.

Yes, he is wrecking the Constitution again and people guilty of nothing but exercising their constitutional rights are being jailed and harrassed. Trump has been giving the Constitution the finger every since he took office.
Unread 07-23-2020, 05:39 PM

The good news is that—on the assumption that we get a fair election—it's royally stupid. But of course that's a big assumption to make when dealing with a lawless president.
Unread 07-23-2020, 05:39 PM

I don't know if violating the Geneva Convention should be the main thrust here. Anyway, if Trump read this, he'd only start obsessing about how to get that convention held at one of his golf resorts. Really though, it's just flat out fucked up. Especially because the election is around the corner. It's a warm up.
Unread 07-23-2020, 08:41 PM

There's probably legitimate concern about something that happened, but it is lost in the manufactured, exaggerated outrage.

A twitter image and some storytelling from a biased media-outlet aren't knowledge of what actually happened.

Some pepper spray on the surface of some boxes and bottles is probably not going to qualify as a crime, let alone a war crime when there isn't even an actual war. Most of the contents are protected by bottles and boxes that can wiped off or replaced with a different container, so the medical supplies (not "equipment") are not exactly destroyed.
Unread 07-23-2020, 09:21 PM

I'm sure you have a very plausible explanation for how that much pepper spray wound up on medical supplies without the federal agents deliberately attacking the medical station (which is what is forbidden, whether or not materials were destroyed). I eagerly await hearing it.

If you want to make the case that you have a moral compass (a point that remains in dispute), you might start by recognizing that whether or not there is an "actual war" has absolutely no bearing on the morality of this matter whatsoever. Otherwise I am afraid my position on the matter is definitively proven.

Last edited by Aaron Novick; 07-23-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Unread 07-23-2020, 09:55 PM

Morals also mean caring about the truths and facts such as something not being a crime or a war, instead of just coming up with a declaration that something is a war crime. In other words, instead of lying and saying it just to create shock value , you actually confirm the reality.

Taking shots at the one you are communicating with isn't an example of a "moral compass" from you, nor is spreading over-the-top bullshit like "Donald Trump is committing war crimes against his own citizens"
Unread 07-23-2020, 10:10 PM

Nevermind, it's probably best if I just don't interact with you.

Last edited by Aaron Novick; 07-23-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Unread 07-23-2020, 10:13 PM

Trump is sending Federal troops into a city against the wishes of the governor, mayor, and senators. That is pissing on the Constitution. There is no defending that without supporting a man attacking the core rationale for the existence of the nation. And the biased media comment only makes one look stupid unless you’re talking about right-wing hate rags. The good thing is it isn’t working. Trump’s attempts to create streets overrun with crime by the scary Antifa isn’t happening. It’s bullshit and the vast majority of Americans know it. I’m not willing to support a traitor. Are you?