Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 04-06-2002, 12:10 AM

Am afraid I'll be away again--from April 9th to the 21st. Am going to be doing some readings in the north east (Massachusetts, Rhode Island & New York), a pretty packed itinerary thanks to the help of folks like Bob Clawson, Mike Juster & Rhina Espaillat. There is a full schedule of events on my web page:

http://www.geocities.com/aestallings/schedule.html

Hope to meet some of the Sphereians!

If you're in New York, I'll be reading with Kate Light, one of my favorite contemporary poets.
Unread 04-06-2002, 03:22 AM

It seems all the New Yorkers on Erato will be there to hear you. Unfortunately, I won't be able to. Fortunately for you! You won't have to suffer me reading 'Roach Motel' in a dark corner while you're thrilling the crowds!

For those who won't be there, is there any chance you could record some of the poems on Real Audio and post them here? I'd love to hear them.

Also, if you ever do a reading tour of the Empty Quarter, I'll supply the abbayah and shayla!

Best wishes,

Nigel
Unread 04-08-2002, 08:40 AM

Cool!

At first I didn't notice the reading in the Cambridge Public Library, and thought I'd have to get to NYC (on a Tuesday). I hope I don't have to be a member of the New England Poetry Club to get in. I'll be there.
Unread 04-08-2002, 08:50 AM

Thanks, Nigel and Chris. Maybe one of these days, Nigel, I'll make it out your way... Chris, all the readings are open to the public, and I think free of charge. I look forward to meeting you!
Unread 04-22-2002, 06:02 PM

Hey folks--have just returned from the New England reading tour. John (my husband) and I had a fantastic time. A thousand thanks to those who helped set up appearances and their warm hospitality, including Bob Clawson, Rhina, Rhina, Mike, Len, Kate Light and Randy Blasing. (I certainly couldn't have arranged all this at my end.) It was great meeting Sphereans in person--ChrisW, nyctom, Terese, Robert, Kate Benedict and others.

We are now in the process of moving house (within Athens), and so am packig up the books. I'll be moderating, but with even less of a reference library than usual...
Unread 04-22-2002, 07:18 PM

Glad you survived the flight!

You and Kate Light were real troupers, reading at my local library during a freak April heat wave, as traffic noise shrieked through the open windows. You project well, lady! No one missed a word.

I got all teary when you read the Persephone poem, my all-time favorite poem of the entire 1990's.