Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Paul Stevens

You can submit to either the Shit Creek Review or II or both. The next Shit Creek Review (July) is to be unthemed, but its parasitic appendage II will focus on the theme of "Lives". Submission guidelines here .

And please take note if you're interested: we are looking for poetry-related prose for both ezine and subzine - in the case of II, poetry-related prose which ties in somehow to the theme of "Lives". What "poetry-related prose" might be could range from close reads, reviews, interviews and criticism, to essays, anecdotes, memoirs, vignettes, epiphanies or rants - or what you will. I am trying to develop the prose sectors of SCR and II, so will be very pleased to receive submissions along the lines I have indicated. The same goes for art-related prose, by the way: art being another vital component of Shit Creek Corporation's general field of strategic operations.

All submissions should go to:

Nigel Holt and Paul Stevens

shitcreekreview@yahoo.com

The deadline for the July issue is May 21st. Shit Creek news, gossip and incoherent ravings can be found on the SCR Blog .

Another development is that we have begun offering Adobe Acrobat pdf files of each issue, expertly prepared by Peter Bloxsom , as free downloads. They are not exactly the same as the website versions, but close. So far SCR #2 and SCR+II #3 are ready; the pioneering SCR #1 should be available shortly. The downloads are accessible from our Past Issues page here:

http://www.shitcreekreview.com/pastissues.html

Thanks for your support!

Paul Stevens

[This message has been edited by Paul Stevens (edited April 16, 2007).]
Unread 04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Lariat Emeritus

I think that when our colleagues put their necks on the ungrateful block, it behooves us to send our work. Umbrella and Shit Creek are going to be what we make of them. Kate and Paul are very gifted and generous editors. Lick the stamp.
Unread 04-17-2007, 07:18 PM

E-stamp licked.

Catherine
Unread 04-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Ditto.

Maryann
Unread 04-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Paul Stevens

Crikey! Editor Heaven!
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Lariat Emeritus

Well, Catherine and Maryann are good enough to crowd me out. Damn!
Unread 04-26-2007, 11:39 AM

Okay, you got mine. Question: are SCR and SCRII considered separate entities as far as submission goes? In other words, if I submit 1-5 to SCR, can I also submit a different set SCR II? I'm not even necessarily planning to do that this submission period but I wondered.
Unread 04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Paul Stevens

Daivd, yes - you may submit to SCR and separately to II - but do check the General Submissions Guidelines page to see if II is to be themed. Your submissions are mostly suitable for the II 'Lives' edition. Our intention is to alternate II between themed poetry issues and poet feature issues. So the March II was focused on Tim, the July one will have poems on the theme of 'Lives' (and prose on that theme too, hopefully), the October II will focus on another particular poet or poets or critical poetic issue, and so on.

If you submit a bunch of poems without specifying SCR or II, we will allocate them as seems appropriate at our end.

And do have a look at our call for poetic-'Lives'-related prose for July II here at the SCR blog .
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Lariat Emeritus

I just noted that David's inquiry is postmarked Grand Rapdis, Michigan, and that Paul Steven's response is addressed Daivd. Can't anyone type around here?
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Paul Stevens

It's good ol' Daivd Lanrmdu fro Garnd Rapdis Michgican. Wos ronj wiv that?