Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Call for Submissions http://www.poetryrevolt.com

The Poetry Revolt is a journal dedicated to moving beyond current workshop strictures and taboos in order to foster more vivid poetry with greater impact and drama, and a broader range of subjects. The Poetry Revolt will print quarterly and will also present a selection of poems online, especially satiric and humorous poems.

I am posting this at the Eratosphere because I have seen a number of poets here who are willing to treat material in a direct and engaged way which the poetics of indeterminacy unfortunately discourages. This site encourages musicality and using sound to reinforce meaning and expressiveness, which are also important to the Revolt. We welcome both metrical and nonmetrical poems.

In addition, we would consider the stronger poems from some of the less experienced poets I have read on this site, particularly if they were willing to discuss changes and edits to improve the poems submitted.

Please read our mission statement and detailed Submission Guidelines at poetryrevolt.com. Unsolicited manuscripts are welcome throughout the year. We accept simultaneous submissions. We are currently accepting submissions for the Fall issue.

Maryke Cramerus, Ph.D. http://www.poetryrevolt.com

Unread 05-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Maryke--

Looks good, and a bit overdue, even.

Quincy
Unread 05-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Quincy,
Thanks for your support. We have a large group of poets reading the Revolt here in Houston, due to my being part of a poetry group that meets every two weeks which has a lively online poetry discussion group as well. I also have a few readers in Scotland.

But I am anxious to get contributors and readers beyond our base. The University of Houston creative writing program is a strong presence here and many of our poets have fallen prey to surrealism and radical indeterminancy. The spirit of adventure on the Erato site fits in well with the Poetry Revolt's mission.

The Revolt is preparing a series of essays on poetics. The first will be based on research in modern cognitive science, which empirically disconfirms many of the core assumptions of LANGUAGE poetry and surrealistism.

Thanks a lot for the cheering word!
Maryke http://www.poetryrevolt.com
Unread 05-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Dr. Cramerus, well done. Would you please send your email address to timmurphyis@gmail.com. I have two unpublished poems which might suit your purposes, but I am stupid about computers, and I can't figure out at your website how to submit. yr lariat emeritus, Timothy
Unread 05-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Tim,

From the web site:

How to Submit

The Poetry Revolt accepts only poetry. Each individual poem should be under three pages in length. Unsolicited manuscripts are welcome throughout the year. We accept simultaneous submissions.

We are currently accepting submissions for the Fall issue.

First read the Submission Guidelines page!!!
Poems that depart from the Guidelines will not be accepted.

Send between 1 and 4 poems in the body of one email message to poetryrevolt@aol.com. The subject line should be:

SUBMISSION: your name, the number of poems submitted.

Please include a few lines of biography, and the certification statement that appears below. Copy the following text into the email after your poems:

I certify that I am the author of these unpublished poems, and that should one or more pieces be selected for publication, I will grant PoetryRevolt the right of first publication and I will cite PoetryRevolt as the place of first publication. All copyrights revert back to the author upon publication.