Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM

The Ina Coolbrith Circle will celebrate its 88th Annual Poetry Awards on November 18th, and they've asked me to provide 40 minutes or so of comic relief by reading my poems.

Sunday, November 18
2:00 p.m.
Fellowship Hall
10 Irwin Way
Orinda, CA

In addition to my reading, award winners who live close enough will read their winning poems. And, unless the number of award winners present makes this impractical, there will be a read-around, in which every member of the audience is given the chance to read one poem. Feel free to bring books to sell.

(Unlike most poets I've read to, ICC poets actually buy poetry books! I attended one of their readings some months ago, read a poem in the read-around, and sold a good number of books.)

I know there are a number of Northern California Eratos I haven't met. I thought this event might be of interest. If anyone is thinking of driving up from the South Bay, and would like to discuss carpooling, send me a PM.

Unread 11-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Sounds like a wonderful event, Max. I'm sure you'll have them in stitches with your reading. Wish I could be there. Best of luck.

Marybeth

[This message has been edited by Marybeth Rua-Larsen (edited November 03, 2007).]