Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Old 02-02-2002, 01:13 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Dear Folks,

I'm off to England tomorrow, to convert the heathens at Oxford, London, and the Lake District to the manifold virtues of American retro verse. Very Far North is my second large collection, 119 pages in a handsome hardcover, which all of you WILL ORDER from www.waywiser-press.com. Alternatively you can get it from Amazon UK or Amazon US when it appears in the States in May. I think about ten of the ninety-six poems were workshopped here, although Alan's final EfH versions will be new to you. Many thanks to all who participated in the improvement of my terribly imperfect poems. When I return the lariat board will resume, with guests Paul Lake, Dick Davis, and an obscure fellow from Massachusetts name of Dickie Wilbur. Meantime, many thanks to Dave Mason, whose books all of us should own. love, Timothy
Old 02-02-2002, 03:02 PM

Tim: As you know I've had the great good fortune to see VFN in manuscript. It's splendid from start to finish, a reason to neglect work and family for a long, enthralling read. You'll wow 'em in the motherland.
Have a great trip.
RPW
PS to all Spherians: If you don't buy this book and read and reread it, you'll be cheating yourselves not only of some fine poetry but of work that we can take a little reflected pride in. Someday, someday you'll want to be able to say, "Ah, yes, Murphy! I knew his work back when..."
Old 02-03-2002, 01:02 PM

God speed, Timothy, and knock 'em dead in Oxford.
I STRONGLY recommend the White Horse for bangers
and mash, directly across the street from Jude's
Sheldonian and right next door to Blackwell's.

They don't know what they've been missing!
Old 02-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Honorary Poet Lariat

I forget when Tim gets back. I'll check in if anyone has a burning question.
Dave
Old 02-18-2002, 11:31 AM
danrifenburgh

Quote:
Originally posted by David Mason:
I forget when Tim gets back. I'll check in if anyone has a burning question.
Dave
This is my very first attempt to post. I am new member Dan Rifenburgh, and I accompanied Tim Murphy on his British tour. My first book,ADVENT, was also published by Waywiser Press. I live in Houston and write both formal and free verse. I arrived back home Saturday the 16th and last saw Tim at Gatwick Airport, for we were both leaving at about the same time. Tim is a brilliant poet and reader and our trip was a smashing success. Hope to hear from Tim and the rest of you soon. Dan

Old 02-18-2002, 01:13 PM

Dan, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll become a regular contributor to the board. We are grateful to Tim for recruiting you, if he did. Tim may be back now, or at least he's had access to a computer a time or two in the last couple of days. Congratulations to both of you on your successful tour!

Carol
Old 02-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Lariat Emeritus

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Sphere, Dan. Yes, I roped Dan in as we watched the gracious reviews of our performances trickle in on general talk. I'm awaiting word from Paul Lake on when he'll be guest Lariat. Meanwhile, I just got confirmation from Dick Wilber that he will join us in May.