Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:32 PM

Default Sleerickets

Let's try some promotion and some self-promotion simultaneously.

As one of the twitter editors, and the latest interviewee, I'd like to draw your attention to Sleerickets: one of the most opinionated, entertaining, and truthful poetry podcasts out there. If you at all are interested in listening to my opinions on Carol Ann Duffy, Geoffrey Hill, and many other poets, then have a listen to this episode, and if you found it stimulating, then maybe listen to some more, hosted by Matthew Buckley Smith.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1565263890

Last edited by W T Clark; 03-13-2022 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 03-10-2022, 02:40 PM

Congratulations, Cameron!

Cheers,
John
Unread 03-10-2022, 03:06 PM

Congratulations Cameron!
Unread 03-13-2022, 07:43 PM

Cameron, I have the 3/10 episode of the Sleerickets podcast cued for tonight's listening. I have been listening to Sleerickets since it first began six or so months ago. One of the first episodes, dedicated to dissecting the sorry state of poetry readings and the "poetry voice" had me hooked.
I think Matthew Buckley Smith is an excellent ruminator of the poetic experience in today's fractured universe of poetry and he certainly has entertaining, circuitous stream of thought which suits my poetic soul like a glove.

I only hope he continues to explore additional program segments that would attract those like me who want more about the craft of writing poetry. Not a "how to", but more of a look back "in the kitchen" of a poet's imagination.

Congratulations in advance for riding the train that is MBS.

Unread 03-14-2022, 04:15 AM

I have been listening to the podcast. I was a little wary as it seemed it was going to be a stand-off between an icon and a friend, but I was sidetracked from the poetry by the fascinating discussion of shorthand and Braille - I had no idea there were levels within the method.

I have been interested to see that a version of my own method of note-taking (a personally-adapted form of Speedwriting) is now used daily in texting.

I have a blind poet friend, Giles Turnbull, who lost his sight as an adult and uses voice technology to assist his reading and writing. We read together at the last Torbay Festival and he shared his performance with his virtual assistant, whose voice he chose from a selection and whom he has named "Hazel".