Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Unread 03-19-2023, 07:54 AM

Hi Rick, I saw that you had commented on this but I didn’t respond, hoping instead that the mere fact that you had watched it and had been moved by it might be good “advertising” to attract others to see what I saw, and you saw, in it. It’s a simple distillation/meditation of a complicated reflection on the ephemeral passage of one’s life. We are, as the song goes, just “passing thru”. Everything about it — the gentle music in his voice, the video footage of the hand-held cellphone, the crowing of the roosters — everything is in concert.

A few years back, when I was traveling back and forth from Boston to Trenton to be with my brother who was dying with lung cancer, I took an afternoon drive by myself through the “old neighborhoods” and was overwhelmed by the experience. I could hear a narration running in my head that was just as soft; it was not my voice. It was his voice. The ordinariness of it all suddenly shimmered with meaning.

I don't understand Portuguese either. But the tone coupled with the visual spoke directly to me. And yes, the title sings (it echoes Nemo's "Just In Case it isn't There" collection of prose poems.)

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 03-19-2023 at 07:56 AM.