Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 06-24-2023, 07:02 PM

Default Eva Jospin

I love Eva Jospin's work. Her work transcends the intimacy of all nature lovers and those who relish in individuality and tapping into the frequencies of solace and aloneness.

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2023/...in-sculptures/
Unread 06-26-2023, 12:00 AM

Dear Clayton,

My apologies if you are a real person, but I am starting to suspect that you are a bot.

I belonged to a different forum in which new members who turned out to be algorithms would sometimes follow the same pattern of behavior that you have—starting lots of new threads posting links accompanied by little or no substantive comment, and demonstrating no apparent interest in getting to know the members of the community already on the forum.

Again, apologies if you are a real person, but coming so soon after recent threads here about AI, I'm a bit suspicious that we might be getting pranked. The odd syntax and generally impenetrable content of this sentence in particular don't sound like a real person wrote them:

Quote:
Her work transcends the intimacy of all nature lovers and those who relish in individuality and tapping into the frequencies of solace and aloneness.
[Edited to say: If you are just eager to rack up your post count so you can get approval to workshop a poem of your own, do note that the posts in question need to be substantive critiques of others' poems in order to count. Brief posts on random topics posted in quick succession, such as these on the Art boards, won't earn you workshopping privileges any quicker.]

Cheers,
Julie

Last edited by Julie Steiner; 06-26-2023 at 03:48 AM.
Unread 06-26-2023, 07:53 AM

I am comedically not a bot. Julie and I resolved all misunderstandings!

Last edited by Clayton Redden; 06-27-2023 at 02:41 PM.
Unread 06-26-2023, 06:19 PM

Dear Clayton,

I am sorry I accused you of being a bot, which I know is not a very nice welcome.

I belonged to another forum that doesn't exist anymore because bots kept spamming the place with links, some of which were genuine and some of which took people to phishing sites, activated pop-ups that couldn't be disabled without rebooting, and the like. The moderators couldn't keep up with deleting them all, and finally just gave up and closed the place. That's why I got nervous about your unorthodox syntax and the short burst of brief, link-filled posts.

I still struggle to understand what you are saying. I honestly can't figure out what "transcends the intimacy of all nature lovers" or "relish in individuality" means. I know what all of these words mean separately, but not what they add up to when put in this order. The explanation by PM of what you meant by "tapping into the frequencies of solace and aloneness" was very helpful, but it might save everyone's time, including yours, to just say what you mean in plain terms.

Cheers,
Julie

Last edited by Julie Steiner; 06-26-2023 at 06:31 PM.