Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 06-05-2005, 02:11 PM

There is a difference between being clever and being right.

The constant allegation that urinating on pages of the Koran in Gitmo as being a crime greater than Islamic Terrorists blowing up an Islamic Mosque full of worshippers and the subsequent mixing of pages of the Islamic Holy Book with the blood, guts and URINE of the dismembered men, women, and children, in the mosque is abominable coming from such supposedly intelligent people

If you are looking for a way to beat up on Bush there are two easy ways of doing it. Sue Sean Hannity and Fox News Corp –(repeatedly) for ‘constructive slander and libel’ over the character assassination of Michael Schiavo (assuming Shiavo has clean hands). The government has used the legal theory of “constructive everything” for years to get organized crime figures. The legal theory has a long pedigree. For those not familiar with the concept of ‘Constructive’—in this case, it means that Sean Hannity and Fox did nothing wrong in each individual act taken by itself (and the case would be thrown out because of the First Amendment) -- but everything taken together would form a ‘constructive conspiracy’ (which then becomes a crime). Every time it is thrown out—appeal it up—and keep it in the media constantly until the next election. The Feds would not want to willingly give up one of their best tools against organized crime and would probably encourage Fox to throw Hannity over the side—and to cool it.

The second way to get Bush is the “Dukakis question”. “If one of Bush’s kids came down with a disease that embryonic stem cell research had a solid and proven treatment that would cure her—would Bush refuse treatment for her on religious grounds.

Just repeat the question over and over—mention it as many times as the Koran going down the john at Gitmo and by election time the Republicans would play hell holding onto their majority.

Now, if we could only find a democrat with an IDEA.

Dick Morgan
Unread 06-05-2005, 02:44 PM

Quote:
The constant allegation that urinating on pages of the Koran in Gitmo as being a crime greater than Islamic Terrorists blowing up an Islamic Mosque full of worshippers and the subsequent mixing of pages of the Islamic Holy Book with the blood, guts and URINE of the dismembered men, women, and children, in the mosque is abominable coming from such supposedly intelligent people
Who are these people who are making this crazy allegation? Can you provide a single name or quote? Or are you just trying to badmouth anyone who dares suggest the US Government did something wrong?

We can only ever have control over our OWN actions. When we screw up, we need to own up to it and fix it. It doesn't matter if somebody else did something worse. Right is still right, and wrong is still wrong.
Unread 06-05-2005, 03:10 PM

I'd like to know who's making these allegations as well.

There is also a difference between the actions of a government and the actions of a random whackjob, or even organized terrorists.

And why do we even need foreign terrorists and whackjobs? Why not just compare the Bush administration to Tim McVeigh, Jeff Dahmer and Operation Rescue? Compared to them, it looks pretty good. Not that this is a sterling recommendation.

It really shouldn't be hard for people to deal with holding government officials, employees and sub-contractors to a higher standard than people who belong in a prison and/or insane asylum.
Unread 06-05-2005, 03:49 PM

And why do we even need foreign terrorists and whackjobs? Why not just compare the Bush administration to Tim McVeigh, Jeff Dahmer and Operation Rescue? Compared to them, it looks pretty good

I'm not so sure they even hold up to that standard. While i have zero agreement with Mcveigh or Operation Rscue in either politics or action, I have to admire that they at least opearte according to their own core principles. This adminstration's only principle seems to be "whatever we need to do to get what we want is OK." Look at how quickly they abandoned every baseline principle of the republican party,like strong state's rights, fiscal responsability, small government, and minimal ineterference in citizens lives, in order to further their own ends.

------------------
Essentials:
In Brooklyn i was born;
lived in space before too long
Unread 06-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Well--It was in the news the first part of last week about a suicide bomber blowing himself up in a mosque while in prayer service so don't hold me responsible because you only read the news that serves your own political agenda.

How come nobody commented on my way to get Bush and Fox--you guys are so easy to read by what you don't say.

As far as McVeigh is concerned: His picture was drawn from a photograph--so was John Doe #2--(that means there WAS a John Doe #2) Why did the ATF go through this charade to protect the fact he was a SUSPECT BEFORE THE FACT and this was a CYA operation from the beginning. Why did they keep the surviving members of the people killed from sueing and getting "Discovery" on what the ATF and FBI knew?(Remember the 10K documents the FBI agent had forgotten to turn over to the defense.) Why did the Dallas Morning News 'conveniently' crack the defenses computers and get McVeigh's confession while they were selecting a jury.( Gimme a break--the FBI gave them that confession) We've all been through the revelation of who "Deep Throat" is this week--don't think you Evan Thomas of Newsweek had a source that laid out the feds complete case in Newsweek while they were selecting the jury. DOES THE PHRASE JURY TAMPERING mean anything? McVeigh did it--but he had some help the government at the time didn't want us to know about. They wanted it to end right where it did.

Dick Morgan
Text

[This message has been edited by Dick Morgan (edited June 05, 2005).]
Unread 06-05-2005, 04:33 PM

Dick, I'm curious about your views on the Kennedy assassination and alien abductions. Please feel free to expound while I wander off elsewhere.

------------------
Steve Schroeder
Unread 06-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Steve, I have no opinion on alien abductions but as far as the Kennedy Assassination is concerned any first year physics student can tell you that if you hit somebody’s forehead with a 2000 lb. hammer—his head going to go backwards. If you can get a hold of the Zapruder film before it is has been tampered with—you will find that President Kennedy grasped his throat before the limo went behind the sign. When the limo came out from behind the sign his head snapped BACKWARDS. I don’t know what this means to you but it means TWO SHOOTERS to me. Now you’re welcome to take this piece of information in any direction you choose—but two shooters means a CONSPIRACY.

(The number 2000 ft lbs was arrived at by calculating the foot pounds of energy from a e 220 grain rifle bullet traveling at about 2200 feet per second. These numbers are all generalizations but can be looked up in any reloading manual)

Dick Morgan

Unread 06-05-2005, 05:02 PM

Did anybody else notice the sly way Dick Morgan brushed aside alien abductions, and immediately tried to change the subject. Hmmm...

(He won't admit to a thing, of course, but possibly our friends in Egypt can question him more creatively. Does anybody have the Gulfstream reserved yet for early this week?)
Unread 06-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Michael, the sophist, I didn't duck alien abductions. I simply said I have no information on them. Why are you ducking how to get Bush? Come on guys, let's get a real fight going here--not change the subject everytime somebody scores a hit. The future of our country is at stake all tho I shudder to think it is in such trembling hands.

Dick Morgan
Unread 06-05-2005, 06:31 PM

Dick,

For your clever ways to "get Bush," I think no one commented because of basic flaws in the plans:

1. Unless you're a brain-dead vegetable, cf. Terry Schiavo, people are not allowed to sue on your behalf. For Michael Schiavo to sue Hannity's ass off, he'd have to be willing to do it, when the plain facts on the ground are that the man dearly wants to get on with his life. And as my junior high journalism teacher told me, "Puppies are trained on yesterday's newspapers." Give it a year and few will know or care. Besides which, to sue Hannity you'd need a mint of money, including funds to pay Michael Schiavo to take more time from his life for this nonsense, which would of course immediately call into question his motives for bringing suit.

2. With the "Dukakis question" or any other uncomfortable question, assuming you can sneak a ringer into the White House Press Pool to ask it in the aftermath of Jeff Gannon, what's to keep Bush from waffling, ignoring the question, or blathering some non-answer about his Christian faith that starts with a ritual "Gosh..." and a blank look?

3. Obviously the second shooter was the aliens in the cloaked UFO, cleverly disguised as a grassy knoll. I thought everyone knew that.