Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 04-29-2003, 02:48 AM
Campoem

Not sure if this is the appropriate board, but however!

The London Poetry Library, sited in the South Bank arts centre, is digitising the full contents of its substantial holdings of 20th and 21st century UK poetry magazines. They plan to have this freely available database up and running in August.

However, as there's many a slip etc. you might like to register your email address at www.poetrymagazines.org.uk to ensure notification when the service gets under way. For info on other aspects of the Potry Library's activities see www.poetrylibrary.org.uk

Margaret.
Unread 04-29-2003, 03:27 AM

Thanks, Margaret,

I think one can write to them for a list, but I never got around to it. This should be a useful resource for those of us outside London.

Unread 04-29-2003, 03:45 AM

Registering your email address is one element in a short questionnaire surveying the uses to which you might put the digitized archive.

Completed questionnaires will be entered in a draw; the prize is a bottle of chamapgne.

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! - The closing date is 30th April, 2003.

Clive Watkins
Unread 09-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Campoem

This database is now operational at www.poetrymagazines.org.uk and worth a look by anyone interested in submitting to or browsing in British magazines. Its coverage is far from complete (which is why only three of Tim Love's substantial body of published poetry are currently retrievable). However, I note that new titles are to be added soon,
Margaret (Moore)
Unread 09-08-2003, 11:40 AM

Thanks for updating this, Margaret. It’s a good site. It will, incidentally, take anyone interested to two poems by a poet called Margaret Moore and one of my own (since included my book).

As the site is extended, it should prove a fascinating and invaluable resource.

Clive Watkins
Unread 09-10-2003, 05:20 AM
Campoem

Clive,
Know I noted details of your book somewhere sometime for future purchase, but have lost it and a quick (too quick?) skim through Accomplished Members headers has proved uninformative. Am sure newer Sphereans would be interested if you could kindly supply the info again here. Best,
Margaret.
Unread 09-14-2003, 08:50 AM

Margaret

I wouldn't have had two poems placed in Orbis without your generous and detailed list of UK publications. Thank you so much for this!

If I can judge by what the editor, Carole Baldock, accepted, she tends toward the lyrical. One was a long-time favorite of my own, "Saint John's Bread" (slightly revised since its appearance in the workshop), and the other was my translation of Rilke's "Lullaby" (years old, but more recently revised with rhyme).

Terese
Unread 09-16-2003, 03:11 AM

Dear Margaret

I have taken up your hint and posted at The Accomplished Members a note about my book, Jigsaw. It seemed, however, an opportunity to do rather more. I have therefore taken the liberty of outlining the other activities of my publisher, Philip Hoy, Managing Editor of The Waywiser Press, London, UK. Philip also publishes editions of books by fellow-Spherians Deborah Warren, Dan Rifenburgh and Timothy Murphy, as well as UK editions of collections by our celebrated guest Lariats, Anthony Hecht and Richard Wilbur.

Thanks once again for the prompt.

Best wishes…

Clive Watkins