Guide To Eratosphere - Page 4
To participate on Eratosphere you must agree, during your registration process, to the Eratosphere terms of service, which are currently as follows:
1. Eratosphere is a real-time bulletin board which forms part of the Able Muse. We, the Eratosphere Staff, do not actively monitor its contents. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Staff, the Able Muse, or any individual or entity associated with them. These parties do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
2. You agree to be responsible for the content of your messages, and to indemnify and hold harmless the Staff, the Able Muse, Jelsoft Ltd. (developers of the bulletin board software, vBulletin), and their agents , whether paid or volunteer, with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s) or otherwise upon your participation on Eratosphere.
3. You agree that you have read Eratosphere's “Guide” and will abide by it, including future amendments.
4. You agree to read and satisfy requests from the Staff without public dispute.
5. You agree that you will not use Eratosphere to transmit any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or violative of any law.
6. Except according to the rules of fair use, you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Able Muse.
7. You agree not to use Eratosphere to transmit chain letters, pyramid schemes, or, except as permitted on the “Announcements” Forums, advertisements and solicitations.
8. You acknowledge that the Staff have the right to edit or delete any message, or close or delete any thread, for any or no reason whatsoever.
9. We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
10. While Eratosphere contains a “personal messaging” facility for direct communication among Members, personal messages may be forwarded or otherwise made public by the recipient and there is no guarantee of the privacy of messages so transmitted.